Build/Create a World Class Learning Environment
Shenandoah university will aggressively seek to provide facilities, infrastructure and a supportive culture to facilitate and inspire transformative learning and student success.
– Deepen and expand Shenandoah’s commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Ensure that policies and structure promote and enhance diversity
- Identify, recruit and interview professionally qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds for open administrative, staff and faculty positions
- Engage in regular review of diversity, inclusion and equity
- Establish initiatives for achieving an inclusive and diverse student body and culture
- Increase university-wide cultural awareness and competency, and develop steps for ensuring cultural sensitivity in the implementation of our work
– Strategically add and renovate facilities, infrastructure and outdoor spaces that inspire transformative learning and give Shenandoah a competitive advantage.
- Prioritize new building projects and building renovations to include:
Athletics and Events Center
Health Professions Building
Expanded Health Professions and Medical Education
On-campus childcare Center
Comprehensive Career Center
Necessary Major Renovations
Cool Spring Buildout
- Update University Master Plan and University Landscaping Plan
- Acquire strategic properties
- More effectively connect all SU campuses with the main campus.
– Make available technologies and data that will be most beneficial for Shenandoah in providing transformative learning and ensuring student success. (acquiring, supporting and training)
– Ensure a campus culture, protected by university-wide policies and practices, that is intentionally designed to support a “culture of caring” and safety for students, faculty and staff.
- Conduct a biennial review and update of the human resources policies, salaries,and benefits to make SU competitive and attractive
- Establish faculty and staff salary benchmarks and goals
- Encourage mentorships that foster career development and exploration of new opportunities