Achieve an Adaptive and Sustainable Financial and Educational Model
Shenandoah University will improve the value equation to the student while increasing the University’s financial viability in a changing educational market (in a changing marketplace).
- Ensure that a Shenandoah education is accessible to lower income and middle class families.
- Increase resources for lower income and middle class families
- The University will establish definitions for both “lower income” and “middle class” families to begin to see how we can budget the necessary resources for these populations.
- Establish multiple “on ramps and off ramps” for all students who need flexibility to achieve degree
- Create a higher education innovation lab to identify the educational and financial model of the future.
- Explore “design thinking”
- Set aside resources to reshape educational model and achieve “first mover” advantage
- Increase the University’s financial viability.
- Generate new resources through targeted enrollment growth and through fundraising
- Increase endowment with gifts and prudent investment strategy
- Lower debt service as a percentage of operating budget
- Expand and deepen donor base
- Use big data to better serve our students’ educational and personal needs and to make the university more efficient and competitive.