Visiting campus is the best way to see if Shenandoah is the right fit for you!
We offer virtual visit opportunities, and on-campus visits in a limited capacity via a pre-registration confirmation.
We continue to monitor the latest coronavirus guidelines from health and government leaders, and we will conduct campus visits in a highly structured and measured way to protect your safety and the safety of those in our university community. The following guidelines are in place for confirmed campus visits:
- Families must register in advance for a visit. Registration in advance is preferred.
- Families will be limited to six or fewer people per visit.
- Masking is optional for all campus visitors but requested for those who are unvaccinated. Visitors are reminded that distancing may not be possible for all events. If you feel unwell, please stay at home and we will happily reschedule your visit. (updated 6/29/2022) Subject to change as coronavirus restrictions are revised.
NO VISITS AVAILABLE ON THESE DATES:
- Monday, July 25 – Saturday, July 30- Shenandoah is participating in Virginia Private College Week (VPCW). If you wish to visit campus during this week, register through our VPCW form.
- Wednesday, August 24– First-Year Students Move-In Day at Shenandoah. Campus traffic and parking will be re-routed for move-in activities.
- Monday, September 5– closed for Labor Day
Students are on Summer break from May 21-August 29. Campus is beautiful during the summer and you are more than welcome to come visit us, but it will be quiet while our students enjoy a much-deserved break between semesters.
Weekday Visits On-Campus
On-campus visits will be offered two times a day.
Visit will include a presentation and campus tour.
Pre-registration is required.
Weekday Visits Online
Our weekday virtual information sessions are for prospective students Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 3:30 p.m. The visit includes a presentation from a live admissions counselor and a virtual tour.
Virtual Information Sessions
Virtual information sessions are open to all undergraduate majors and occur on select days throughout the year. Virtual information sessions include an admissions presentation, a Q&A session with current SU students, and academic breakout sessions about specific majors.
In-Person Open Houses
An In-Person Open House includes an admissions presentation, information sessions about specific majors, a campus tour, the opportunity to eat lunch
on campus, and time to speak with
Saturday Buzz In Visits
Buzz In visits are on select Saturdays with limited capacity, and pre-registration is required.
Conservatory Open Houses
Open houses that include an optional information session about conservatory programs, during which, you will have the opportunity to meet faculty, and discuss curriculum specifics, performance opportunities, and have time to ask questions.
The Office of Admissions team is ready to help you learn more about our amazing campus and community – just with some social distancing in place. We can “meet” with you by text, phone, email, and social media: