A Shenandoah University MBA from the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business
Shenandoah’s MBA emphasizes general management skills and immersion in business thinking—where you’ll learn from scholars in your field and from fellow students. The Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Also, Shenandoah University is regionally accredited by SACS, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
How to Apply
|START TERM||INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION DEADLINES||DOMESTIC APPLICATION DEADLINES|
|Fall 2016||April 15, 2017||May 1, 2017|
|Spring 2017||October 15, 2016||November 15, 2016|
|Summer 2017||March 1. 2017||March 1, 2017|
The MBA Essentials certificate program is designed for working professionals with a non-business background and desire to advance in management but do not have time to commit to the MBA program at this time. The certificate program gives you the foundation for MBA and introduces you to various business sub-disciplines via a case-study based capstone course. The 15 credits you complete in the certificate program will count towards the MBA should you decide to continue. Application to the MBA program will be required upon completion of the certificate.Apply Now
Attend an Open House
To be considered for admission, candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. In addition, the following are required:
- Shenandoah University graduate application and the $30 application fee
- Official transcript(s) from ALL post-secondary schools attended from which credit was received
- Two letters of recommendation former/current professors and/or professional colleagues
- A cover letter of intent statement of no more than one page describing your aspiration, career goals and reasons for wanting pursue a MBA
- Course-by-course academic evaluation from any non-US transcripts
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if English is not the native language of the applicant
The GMAT is not a requirement for admission to the Byrd School.
Application documents must be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
When your complete application is received, the MBA Program Director will evaluates it and determine your eligibility. If you are found eligible, an interview with the MBA Admissions Committee will be scheduled. If you cannot come to the interview in person a phone or video-conference interview will be scheduled.
View Frequently Asked Questions about the MBA program.