I am a Transfer applicant because I can answer “yes” to all of the following statements:
- I wish to enter Shenandoah to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- I am no longer attending high school, regardless of how old I am or whether I ever graduated.
- I have completed, plan to complete or will have completed any coursework at a regionally accredited college or university after leaving high school and before enrolling at Shenandoah (excluding the summer term immediately following high school).
If you are a current high school student taking dual enrollment classes, please use our First-Year Application.
If you were previously admitted to Shenandoah, please use our Re-Admit link.
Musical Theatre Fall 2024: As of December 1, 2023, the Fall 2024 Musical Theatre application is closed.
SU Transfer Application
If you have already created an application for admission at Shenandoah, please use the application credentials you previously created.
Nursing Accelerated Second Degree
Applicants for the Nursing ASD program use this application. Only for students who already have/are already completing a bachelors degree in something else.
Submit Required Items
- Official college transcript(s) from all institutions attended.
Applicants should recognize that it can take as much as three weeks for Shenandoah University to receive official transcripts from other institutions. Applicants are encouraged to order transcripts as early as possible.
If the student is transferring to Shenandoah with less than 24 earned credits, they must also submit:
Official high school transcript to the following address:
Office of Admissions
1460 University Drive:
Winchester, VA 22601
Shenandoah’s CEEB Code: 5613
- Specialized requirements depending on the academic program of study
Musical Theatre Fall 2024: As of December 1, 2023, the Fall 2024 Musical Theatre application is closed. The strict deadline was November 30, 2023. We are no longer accepting Musical Theatre applications for Fall 2024.
Submit optional items
- Resume of activities – activities, awards, community service, work, & leadership positions
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
Transfer Admissions Standards
Transfer applications are reviewed holistically. Shenandoah University invites applicants to supply all evidence to indicate their competence and eagerness to succeed in a demanding and exciting program of study.
Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended in order to transfer to Shenandoah University.
Applicant must provide evidence of good standing at the college last attended and be eligible to return to his/her former institution. Students who have been suspended from other institutions shall not be considered for admission until they have been out of college for a period of one regular semester.
For complete, detailed admissions guidelines, please see the Undergraduate Catalog.