The Evolent Health PGY1 Managed Care Pharmacy Residency is a 12-month comprehensive systematic training program designed to prepare a pharmacist for a variety of roles in managed care practice. It is an organized and focused program that builds upon knowledge, skills, attitudes and abilities gained from an accredited professional pharmacy degree program.
Founded in 2011 by UPMC Health Plan and the Advisory Board Company, we are a high growth firm headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. We provide the integrated technology, tools and team to advance value-based care. This program provides comprehensive systematic training to prepare a pharmacist for future clinical, business, operations and/or leadership roles in managed care practice, providing both clinical and health plan/pharmacy benefit management experiences. The resident will have opportunities to develop evidence-based clinical decision making, project management, analytical and leadership skills. In addition, our affiliation with Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy provides an opportunity to earn a teaching certificate and gain experience in academia and student precepting.
Residency Learning Experiences:
• Deliver Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services
• Develop and participate in Interdepartmental Clinical Initiatives
• Perform Drug Utilization Reviews (DURs)
• Develop drug monographs and medical policies that govern Utilization Management (UM) practice
• Participate in Coverage Determination case review • Assess specific population needs of our multiple partner plans
• Participate in Specialty Pharmacy management and drug use evaluation
• Exposure to pharmacy benefit strategy and performance
• Introduction to clinical rule development and utility of rules in the advancement of patient care
• Develop communication skills through a variety of experiences including formal presentations and seminars
• Complete a research project applying clinical and outcomes research concepts for presentation at a professional conference
• Prepare a manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal
• Share in responsibilities for precepting 4th year Doctor of Pharmacy students on a managed care rotation
• Participate in the Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy Teaching and Learning Curriculum Program (optional)
She loves to cook and exercise outdoors whether it be running, hiking, or playing sand volleyball. She also loves to travel, go boating on the lake with friends and family, and going snow-skiing.
In her role at Evolent Health as the Clinical Pharmacy Resident, Lauren is based in Arlington, Virginia and lends overall support to the Clinical Pharmacy Services department and acts as a resource for advancing clinical initiatives forward. During her post graduate year one, Lauren will develop expertise in clinical decision making, project management, analytical/leadership skills, P&T support, population health, and utilization/formulary management.
Residency Program Director:
Jennifer Pytlarz, PharmD, BCACP
Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
800 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22203