The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency is conducted by Winchester Medical Center and the School of Pharmacy at Shenandoah University in Winchester, Virginia. Rotations are completed at Winchester Medical Center, a progressive, 445-bed regional medical center. The mission of the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program at WMC is to enable residents to become independent practitioners and be confident in practicing in a variety of health care settings.
With our affiliation with Shenandoah University, the residents are able to participate in a teaching certificate program and gain experience in lecturing, as well as precepting pharmacy students. Additional opportunities for direct patient care in the ambulatory care setting are available.
- Internal Medicine
- Teaching Rotation (Precepting)
- Practice Management and Leadership
- Transitions of Care (Longitudinal)
- Formulary Management (Longitudinal)
- Medication Safety (Longitudinal)
- Community Outreach (Longitudinal)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Rounding with interdisciplinary healthcare professionals/teams
- Medication therapy management
- Education of pharmacy students and healthcare professionals
- Participation in departmental and committee meetings
- Involved in medication safety practices
- Active in providing community service
Dr. Lina Poindexter is a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at the Winchester Medical Center located in Winchester, VA. She completed her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree at Campbell University. During pharmacy school, she was involved with the American Pharmacists Association, Professional Alumni Student Association, Campbell University Community Care Clinic, Student Leadership with IPE, and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. Her professional interests include internal medicine, transitions of care, and interprofessional collaboration. In her spare time, she enjoys composing music, playing piano, watching documentaries, and spending time with her family.
Charisa Flaherty, Pharm.D., BCPPS
Winchester Medical Center
1840 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Phone: (540) 536-3490