SU Honors Program – Application Process for Fall 2024
The Shenandoah University (SU) Honors Program is a multidisciplinary honors program for students who are curious, creative, self-motivated, and eager to engage in their education and community. Our Honors Program is open to students with majors in the College of Arts & Sciences, the School of Business, and the School of Nursing.
The Office of Admissions works with and processes first-year applicants who wish to be considered for the SU Honors Program. Please contact your Admissions Counselor or the Office of Admissions with any questions you have about applying to this program. We look forward to working with you.
Applications for prospective First-Year Honors students will open by September 30, 2023.
You must apply for admission to Shenandoah University before you can apply to the Honors Program.
1. Submit the SU Honors Program application and additional required materials:
- Required Letter of Recommendation from a high school teacher
- Two Required Honors Essays: the essays will be focused on the applicant’s academic experience and creativity. Each essay should be a maximum of 300 words.
- Essay 1: What class most influenced your high school education and why?
- Essay 2: Choose one of the following two essay options.
- Option A: You need to hide a body. Why do you need to hide a body and who would you ask to help?
- Option B: If you wanted people to understand you, what would you give them to read, watch, and listen to. Explain each choice.
2. Interview with the SU Honors Faculty
AFTER submission and review of the SU Honors Program application and materials, the student may be invited to campus to complete an interview with the SU Honors Program faculty.
The interview will be part of a SU Honors Shadow and Interview Day. The student will spend the morning shadowing a current SU Honors student, have lunch and then complete their interview with the faculty.
All information regarding SU Honors Program consideration will be provided via the student’s email address provided in the application.
Email questions to the SU Honors Program co-director, Dr. Laurel Rodgers at email@example.com.
Application & Material Submission Deadlines
The Honors Program application materials will not be reviewed until your Shenandoah University application for admission materials are complete.
FINAL FIRM DEADLINE of February 5 for ALL application materials.
|On-Campus Interview Date||DEADLINE: Required essays submitted by|
|Friday, November 3, 2023||Monday, October 23, 2023|
|Friday, December 8, 2024||Monday, November 27, 2023|
|Friday, January 26, 2024||Monday, January 15, 2024|
|Friday, February 16, 2024||Monday, February 5, 2024|
After successful submission and completion of all required supplemental materials, and SU Honors faculty consideration, applicants may be offered a placement in the SU Honors program.