Email email@example.com or call 540-665-5555
Resolving Zoom Issues
Zoom locks-up or fails to load:
- Restart Zoom application OR restart computer
- On Mac, right-click the Zoom icon on the Dock and select Quit or Force Quit.
- Alternatively, press Command + Option + Escape to pull up the Force Quit Application window. Select the application and click Force Quit
- On PC, Control + Alt + Delete. Select the application and click Quit.
Zoom Security Permissions
Zoom requires permissions in order to run, access camera or microphone – Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. If Zoom appears where it says “Allow apps downloaded from…” click the Allow button. You can also check for the required permissions under Security & Privacy > Privacy. In this section, make sure Zoom appears and is checked active under Camera, Microphone, Accessibility, Files and Folders, Screen Recording, and Full Disk Access. If Zoom is not present under these options, click the + symbol, navigate to the applications folder, and select Zoom.
Troubleshooting Mobile Device Speaker Issues
If you cannot hear other participants in a Zoom meeting, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Ensure your speaker is turned on. If you see the speaker icon in the top-left corner is turned off, tap it to turn on your speaker:
- Increase the volume on your mobile device using the volume buttons or notification panel. Even if the speaker is turned on in Zoom, your device’s volume might be set to mute or vibrate only.
- Try using earphones.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Reinstall Zoom from the Apple App Store or Google Play
Basic Mac Troubleshooting
When in doubt, restart. Call the Help Desk 540-665-5555
Online Services Down?
- Use these links / pages to see if your online services are working.
- Google Apps
- Zoom Status