As we prepare to close the university for the holiday break and solidify our plans for the spring return, asymptomatic surveillance testing remains an important part of our preventative efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
There will be additional communication about testing schedules in early January. It is our goal to have all students, faculty and staff tested before Monday, Feb. 1.
- Some populations will be returning to the main campus as early as Jan. 4 with the majority of residential students returning the week of Jan. 25.
- You do not need to show proof of a COVID-19 test before you arrive on campus.
- Residential students will be required to take a university-administered saliva test on their assigned move-in day (details will follow in January) and “lay low” to limit contact with others until they receive their test results.
- Commuter students will receive more information on reentry testing opportunities.
- Students will be notified if an additional diagnostic test is needed and may need to quarantine or isolate depending upon the situation.
- Faculty and staff will also participate in reentry testing as they return to in-person work (more details will follow in January).
- Students who contract COVID-19 should continue to submit a report through the Shenandoah Go app. If you receive a COVID-19 vaccine, please notify the Wilkins Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anyone who has received the vaccine is still subject to all SU Pledge protocols.
Monitor Symptoms Via Shenandoah Go
Those who are on campus over break must continue to fill out the symptom check and be prepared to show a green pass for access. All students, faculty and staff should officially resume filling out daily symptom checks via the Shenandoah Go app starting on Friday, Jan. 15. If you broke your streak in the fall, you will have another chance for recognition and prizes in the spring!
Remain Safe Over Break
Mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing remain important to keep our community safe and are part of the SU conduct policy for EVERYONE. Thank you for your continued dedication to maintaining in-person operations at Shenandoah!