Through an outright gift of cash, securities or real estate or through a planned gift, you can participate in the university’s mission. Thank you for your gift!
Our secure site allows you to make a contribution using your American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA.
Please make your check payable to “Shenandoah University” and mail to Shenandoah University, Office of Advancement, 1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia 22601.
You can double the impact of your gift to Shenandoah University by following these simple steps:
- Make your gift to Shenandoah University.
- Contact the Human Resources department of your company or your spouse’s company to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
- If they do participate, pick up a matching gift form (some companies now have this on their Web sites).
- Complete your company’s matching gift form and mail to: Shenandoah University, Office of Advancement, 1460 University Drive, Winchester, Virginia 22601.
- Your company makes a gift of equal or lesser value to the University, depending on its policy. Matching gifts are an easy way to add value to your gift. Contact your Human Resources department today for more details.
Gifts of Stock, Mutual Funds and other Securities
Thank you for considering a gift of stock to Shenandoah University by December 31. Please follow the guidelines that pertain to your situation.
Transfer Instructions for Broker-Held Certificates
Either you, your broker, or financial adviser should contact Mark Turner, Director of Advancement Services, at Shenandoah University with the following information:
- Full name and address of donor
- Name of broker or financial adviser who will handle the transaction
- Name of the stock, including symbol
- Number of shares you would like to contribute
Shenandoah University gives the donor the choice to wire transfer shares of broker-held certificates. Following the instructions above, your broker should contact:
Brokerage: Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
Shenandoah University FCC Account#: 7146-2612
Contact Number: 540-667-9700
Please make sure the broker includes your name on the instructions or that a Stock Power of Transfer letter is completed. An example is listed below.
Please have your broker send a letter to Shenandoah University in care of Mark Turner confirming the following information:
- Full name of donor
- Official date of transfer
- Name, including symbol, and number of shares
Transfer Instructions for Individually-Held Certificates
If you have possession of stock certificates, send the un-endorsed certificates to Mark Turner at Shenandoah University to the address below.
In a separate envelope, send a signed stock power (available from your financial services provider), to the same address. Because the postmark determines the date of the gift, it is important to mail both envelopes the same day.
Shenandoah University contact: Mark Turner Director of Advancement Services 1460 University Drive, Winchester, VA 22601
Office Phone: (540) 665-4932
Shenandoah University’s Tax ID# 54-0525605
SAMPLE STOCK POWER TRANSFER LETTER
City, State ZIP
Dear: Please transfer the following securities as a gift to Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC for credit to Shenandoah University.
(number of shares)
My account number is: ____________________
I would like to designate this gift to SU for the_______________________________________ (purpose).
Transfer this stock to: Shenandoah University, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization – federal tax ID: 54-0525605. The DTC is #0141. Shenandoah University’s account number is 7146-2612.
Please notify Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC at 540-667-9700 of this transfer request. If you have any questions regarding this transfer, please call me at __________________(donor’s phone number).
Copy to: Shenandoah University, Office of Advancement
Attention: Mark Turner
1460 University Drive
Winchester, VA 22601