Spring break at Shenandoah University is March 8-14. If you are traveling internationally, please check current recommendations and travel advisories regarding coronavirus (novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19).
Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends no recreational travel to and from China and South Korea (Level-3 advisory). The CDC has also issued a Level-2 travel advisory to Italy, Iran and Japan (“practice enhanced precautions”) and a Level-1 travel advisory to Hong Kong (“practice usual precautions”).
In case of symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel, travelers are encouraged to seek medical attention and share their travel history with their health care provider.
Shenandoah continues to closely monitor the situation.
Please keep in mind the basic principles to reduce the transmission of acute respiratory infections:
- Avoiding close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections. Maintain at least three feet from a person who is coughing or sneezing.
- Frequent hand-washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment.
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands).
- Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals.
- The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19.
If you have questions, please contact the Wilkins Wellness Center, located in Racey Hall, at 540/665-4530.