Embracing the individual; inspiring the whole
In order to respect diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives, we must provide an inclusive space for all cultures and people. In the Mosaic Center, we embrace all races, sexes, gender identities, gender expressions, religions, ethnic backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, personal appearances, political affiliations, military affiliations and immigration statuses. We focus on valuing and fostering the diversity reflected in our lives at Shenandoah and in the world beyond our campus. We inspire all members of the Shenandoah community to strive for inclusive excellence through education, celebration, advocacy, and leadership development.
Mosaic Center Goals
- Educate the campus community on topics of culture, diversity, and social justice in order to foster and sustain a supportive campus environment.
- Celebrate the rich diversity and contributions of our student body in order to increase awareness of differing and shared life experiences.
- Advocate for our students to ensure a safe and positive college experience with fair treatment of every individual by every individual.
- Develop leaders through personal and professional growth who are inspired to create change at Shenandoah and beyond.
Visiting The Mosaic Center
The Mosaic Center for Diversity is located in the Brandt Student Center, Room 120.
Monday-Friday | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Mosaic Center may close periodically for events.
Contact The Mosaic Center
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-535-3449
JOIN THE CONVERSATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Mosaic Center Staff
Karen Cornejo Guillen | Diversity Programs Coordinator
Things To Do In The Mosaic Center
- Do homework or hang out in our lounge.
- Access sex positive resources at our Sexy Station.
- Check out a book or movie from our Resource Library.
- Bring your own mug to enjoy tea at our tea station.
Host A Group Meeting In The Mosaic Center
The Mosaic Center may be reserved by individuals or groups who are working toward our mission to “provide an inclusive space for all cultures and people” through “education, celebration, advocacy, and leadership development.” To reserve the space, email email@example.com.
Mosaic Center Leadership Opportunities
- Student Employment — View Open Positions
- Facilitate Diversity Workshops
- Conference Participation (National Hispanic Leadership Institute, International Student Leadership Conference)
- The Scholars’ Latino Initiative is an academic and leadership development program that provides academic success for Latino/a students. Undergraduate students serve in 3-year mentoring partnerships with local high school students.