Shenandoah University’s health professions students are achieving perfect or near-perfect pass rates on their national licensure exams.
So far this year, six health professions have seen perfect pass rates — nursing, family nurse practitioner, psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner, athletic training, physical therapy and occupational therapy. This means that all students in these academic offerings have passed their national licensing exams.
We are very proud of our students’ performance on the national licensure examinations. These scores recognize the excellence of our faculty, the strength of our curriculum, and the commitment of our students. While exciting, these scores are just one indicator of how well-prepared our graduates are for clinical practice.”
Karen Abraham, Ph.D. | Professor & Dean of the School of Health Professions, which includes the physical therapy, occupational therapy and athletic training programs.
The most recent pass rates are:
- Nursing: 100% (for the December 2019 grads, as of May 22, 2020)
- Family Nurse Practitioner: 100% (for 2019 grads as of June 4, 2020
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: 100% (for 2019 grads as of June 4 2020)
- Athletic Training: 100% (for 2019-2020)
- Physical Therapy: 100% (for 2019-2020)
- Occupational Therapy: 100% (for 2019 graduates)
- Physician Assistant: 98% (for 2019 graduates)
- Pharmacy: 86% (date unknown)