Education is a key piece of understanding diversity, inclusion, and equity. Trainings, workshops, roundtable discussions, and more are offered throughout the year to engage the campus community in education around these topics.
Diversity Workshop Topics
Due to an increase in demand for diversity-related training, only the following topics are available at this time.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Racial Justice
- Safe Zone (Sexual and Gender Diversity)
- Mosaic Center 101
- Responding to Bias and Offensive Comments
- Cultural Competency with Health Professions Students
- Diversity in Hiring
- Religious Diversity – the Islamic Perspective
- Bystander Step UP!
- [Not Just] Women’s Center Workshops, including:
- Title IX, What You Need To Know
- Consent is Sexy and Mandatory
- Healthy Relationships
What topics would you like to see covered through diversity training at Shenandoah? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!
About Diversity Workshops
- Format: In-person or virtual
- Group Size: 5-100 depending on the desired content
- Workshop Length: 50 minutes to 2 hours. Time can be adjusted to fit your needs
- Workshop Locations: Residence halls, classrooms, staff meetings, etc!
Schedule a Diversity Workshop
Contact us to schedule a:
- Student workshop: email@example.com or 540-535-3449
- Faculty or staff workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community workshop: email@example.com (Workshops are offered for groups outside of Shenandoah for a small fee.)
Workshops must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance.
Become a Diversity Workshop Facilitator
Diversity training is going campus-wide soon! Curriculum is being developed and facilitators are being trained so that every member of the SU community has an educational opportunity.
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member interested in becoming a facilitator, please fill out this form.
Do you know anyone outside of the university who would be a great guest facilitator? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!