Position: Director of Pre-Health and Interprofessional Education, Associate Professor, Division of Physician Assistant Studies
Location: Gregory Hall, Suite 120
Phone: (540) 665-4840
Employed Since: 2009
- EdD, Higher Education Administration, Northeastern University
- Dissertation- The Making of a Practitioner: Understanding the Lived Experience of Developing Professional Identity in Didactic Physician Assistant Students
- MPAS, Master of Physician Assistant Sciences, Saint Francis University
- BS, Health Sciences, Saint Francis University
Fields of Expertise:
- National-level assessment work with the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) since 2012. In 2017, began serving as inaugural chair of the End of Curriculum Examination Development Board.
- Curriculum Development
- Faculty co-leader of Summer Institute for Teaching & Assessment. Director of Didactic Education from 2012-2016 in the Division of Physician Assistant Studies; Co-leader of curriculum development and revision work in the Division of Physician Assistant Studies in 2010, 2016, and 2019.
- Designer/coordinator of ADVISE, the pilot year engages 5 professional graduate health professional programs in an interprofessional advising model focused on encouraging professional identity development and improved graduate student educational experience
- Undergraduate pre-health advising focuses on guiding undergraduate students in healthcare career discernment, preparation for graduate-level studies, and organization of materials and skills needed for a successful graduate school application.
Professional practice experience as a physician assistant since 2001 in primary care, occupational medicine, women’s health. International practice experience in Mexico, Nicaragua, Romania,
Papua New Guinea.
- Harvard Macy Scholar, 2019
- Project: ADVISE – An Interprofessional Advising Model
- A comprehensive, learner-centered approach to promoting identity development and professional success in graduate health professions students.
- Resolution of Appreciation, Shenandoah University Board of Trustees, 2015
- For contributions to cross-cultural understanding, international volunteer service projects, or international relations and education
- Exemplary Teaching Award, 2015
- Wilkins Appreciation Award, 2012