Advance Your Career at Amazon with a Shenandoah University Degree
Career Choice is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. We meet individual learners where they are on their education journey through a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including full college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language proficiency, high school diplomas, and GEDs.
You can choose from 90+ bachelor’s degrees and undergraduate certificates. The bachelor’s degree programs require 120 credits to complete, and the undergraduate certificates are as low as 24 credits to complete. Look at our academic programs and find what meets your goals.
Shenandoah University offers an application that can be accessed and submitted directly through our website. You can begin and save your progress to return and complete at any time. It typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.
We are here to help you work through your application and enrollment process.
4. Submit your voucher
Submit your voucher to firstname.lastname@example.org each term. Please include your student ID number and include appropriate signatures. Follow the steps for getting started in the Amazon Career Choice employee portal. Select “Shenandoah University” as your institution. Select an approved program and complete process. Submit your voucher with student ID number and your intended starting semester to Hornet Central at email@example.com.
5. Speak with an Amazon Success Coach
Speak with your Amazon Success Coach to ensure you are enrolled in approved courses from your degree plan and
review your plan for future courses. Courses will be verified each semester to monitor compliance with Amazon
Career Choice policies.
- Academic Counseling to give you the personal attention you need to be successful
- Writing Center to help you improve your writing and polish your assignments
- Free Peer Tutoring to assist you through difficult subjects and courses
- Study Skills Resources, Workshops, & Development Courses
- Student Organizations where you can meet and network with students who share similar interests
- Disability Services to accommodate any need you may have
Amazon Career Choice Program Data
- Career Choice launched in 2012.
- Program is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, United Kingdom., Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia and Australia).
- More than 50,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 35,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are Career Choice’s most popular fields of study globally. With our expanded offering, we expect employees will take advantage of a variety of programs.
- In addition to funding associate and bachelor’s degrees, Amazon’s Career Choice will also fund industry certifications for in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as high school completion, GED’s, and ESL proficiency certifications.
- More than half of Amazon’s participants identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American.
- Amazon has more than 110 on-site Career Choice classrooms in fulfillment centers across the U.S., and more than 20 in Europe.