3+3 Early Assurance Pathway: Doctor of Physical Therapy
First-year student application minimum requirements to qualify to be considered:
- High School GPA: minimum 3.5
- High School courses: minimum grade of B- in both biology and chemistry
COVID-19 Impacts: We understand that the 2019-20 academic year was impacted greatly by the COVID-19 pandemic. Early Assurance programs have some criteria that may have been impossible to meet due to these restrictions and alterations. Each applicant to an Early Assurance program will have an opportunity to explain barriers to achieving the criteria due to COVID-19, on a case-by-case basis, as part of the application to be reviewed for admission.
- Required interview with Division of Physical Therapy faculty
- Shenandoah University Observation Hours Form – Students must complete a minimum of 20 hours of observation of a licensed physical therapist in practice prior to the on-campus interview
- Optional: Brief explanation of any COVID-19-related barriers to achieving admission criteria
If a student qualifies to be considered for the Early Assurance Pathway option, they will be notified via email how to register for the required interview and how to submit the required supplemental documentation.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply and submit their application materials prior to completing any supplemental requirements.
EA Pathway Students:
- 10 seats offered each year
- Suggested undergraduate degree paths: Biology, Exercise Science; Pre-Health Certificate recommended
While at Shenandoah a student must:
- By the conclusion of the second semester of their first year, achieve and then maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4, including a 3.4 GPA for prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester of the junior year.
- Follow specific guidelines outlined in the 3+3 Early Assurance for the Doctor of Physical Therapy contract
Students who do not qualify for consideration for the Early Assurance Pathway are welcome to pursue to the Articulation Agreement Pathway or the Traditional Pathway to the graduate health professions.