In addition to the Office of Residence Life professional staff, every residence hall is home to Resident Assistants (RAs).
The position of Resident Assistant is one of great responsibility, and also great fulfillment. It requires hard work but is very rewarding and will help to develop and hone skills that will serve you throughout your life. It is one of the most influential jobs a student can have on campus. RAs are the direct representative in the residence halls for the Office of Residence Life.
RAs are student leaders assigned to individual floors in each hall. They serve as the primary support personnel for all residential students. RAs are thoughtfully selected for their leadership potential, compassion and skills. They receive extensive training that gives them the ability to assist their fellow residents. RAs create an engaged and vibrant community on each floor. RAs are responsible for creating a sense of community within their building, resolving any group or individual conflicts that might arise, knowing and enforcing the policies of the University, and serving as a resource within the residence hall.
RA Recruitment Schedule 2020-2021:
- RA applications available, November 1
- Virtual RA interest session, November 11, 7:00pm (reach out to email@example.com for the link)
- RA interest session (Funk/Gore Hall), January 20, 8:00pm
- RA interest session (Racey Hall), January 21, 8:00pm
- RA interest session (Parker Hall), January 25, 9:00pm
- RA interest session (University Inn), January 26, 9:00pm
- RA Mingle, Ferrari Room, January 28, 7:00pm
- RA applications due, February 1
- Returning RA/Head RA applications due, February 5
- Head RA/Returning RA interviews, February 10-19
- RA Group Interview Process, February 18, 7:00pm
- RA interviews, February 23-March 5
- RA selection emails sent out, March 12
- RA contracts due, After Spring Break
Resident Assistant Job Application
Complete your Resident Assistant application by logging in through the Student SSO at the bottom of the page. You will see the RA Application form along the top of the portal, that is where you can complete the application.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ericka Rohrbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 542-6242.
Once you have completed your application, you will need to contact 3 references and ask them to complete the reference form before February 1. One reference must be your current RA, the other two do not have to be campus affiliated.