Residence Life Mission
The Office of Residence Life encourages the growth and development of the Shenandoah residential community by fostering an atmosphere that promotes dynamic transformative learning, inclusivity, safety, and belonging.
Residence Life Vision
The Office of Residence Life aims to be a student centered residential program that cultivates resilient life-long learners who are prepared with competencies to positively impact their community, nation and world.
Residence Life Values
- Caring: We serve students with compassion and sensitivity, using non-judgment listening and sincere dialogue.
- Safety: We aim to provide a secure living environment that allows for optimal learning.
- Community: We work to create an environment that promotes interaction, connection, understanding and collaboration.
- Integrity: We honestly adhere to our community standards, which are reflected not only in our words but also in our actions.
- Learning: We will provide students with a holistic, co-curricular, innovative, forward-thinking, multi-pronged education that will engage and challenge them.
- Advocacy: We foster the development of responsible leaders that support the advancement not only of themselves but that of others.
- Inclusivity: We strive to create communities that value, support, and celebrate the diverse and vibrant culture on campus.