Solenberger Hall is a beautifully renovated 19th century building in Winchester’s historic downtown. The multi-level building was converted into single, double or quadruple-occupancy apartments in 2011. Graduate students and undergraduate students 21 and older live in Solenberger Hall. Because of its location on the walking mall, students who live in Solenberger are expected to give back to the community through service.
Students living in Solenberger Hall are not required to purchase a meal plan. The cost of the unit depends on the number of bedrooms in the apartment. The cost includes all utilities and wireless internet. Residents who want to purchase cable television can do so through Comcast. Solenberger residents are billed through their student account on a semester basis. This allows the residents to use financial aid to pay for their living expenses. Residents can sign a 10 or 12 month lease. Students are required to pay a deposit equal to one month’s rent at the time they sign their lease.
Quick Tips About Solenberger Hall:
- Each apartment has a high-efficiency washer and dryer in the unit
- All apartments are fully furnished
- Residents have assigned mailboxes inside the apartment building
- All apartments have central air conditioning
- Residents have assigned parking in a Shenandoah University owned parking lot within close proximity of the building