Each year the Alumni Association honors alumni whose success and involvement make us all proud.
The Distinguished Alumni awards presented are:
- Hornet Hero Award
- The Hornet Hero Award recognizes alumni of Shenandoah University who through their work on the front lines, their ability to assemble, lead, and rally to meet challenges, or individual works of compassion, make a positive impact on individual lives, their communities and the world.
- Young Career Achievement Award
- The Young Career Achievement Award recognizes alumni of Shenandoah University under the age of 35 who has made significant achievements in their chosen field or profession.
- Service to the Community Award
- The Service to the Community Award recognizes alumni of Shenandoah University who, through voluntary or paid work, has significantly contributed to the betterment of their community, state, nation, or the world.
- Service to the University Award
- The Service to the University Award recognizes alumni of Shenandoah University who has demonstrated ongoing dedication to the university and honors that dedication by selflessly serving the institution in an extraordinary manner.
- Professional Achievement Award
- The Professional Achievement Award recognizes distinguished alumni of Shenandoah University who has a successful career, and who has demonstrated outstanding achievements in their chosen field or profession.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest alumni award that recognizes alumni of Shenandoah University can receive. It honors extraordinary accomplishments and a lifetime record of “unique and significant” service to their profession, the university and demonstrated community engagement.
To nominate an alum for an award in 2023, or to nominate yourself for an award, please complete the form below. The Alumni Awards Committee of the Alumni Association will contact the nominee to notify them of their nomination and request additional information. Questions about the process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.