Each year during Homecoming Weekend, the Alumni Association honors alumni whose success and involvement make us all proud.
The Distinguished Alumni awards presented are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest alumni award an alumna or alumnus of Shenandoah University can receive. It honors extraordinary accomplishments and a lifetime record of “unique and significant” service to his or her profession, the university and demonstrated community engagement.
- Young Career Achievement Award
- The Young Career Achievement Award recognizes an alumna or alumnus of Shenandoah University under the age of 35 who has made significant achievements in his or her chosen field or profession.
- Professional Achievement Award
- The Professional Achievement Award recognizes a distinguished alumna or alumnus of Shenandoah University who has a successful career, and who has demonstrated outstanding achievements in his or her chosen field or profession.
- Service to the Community Award
- The Service to the Community Award recognizes an alumna or alumnus of Shenandoah University who, through voluntary or paid work, has significantly contributed to the betterment of his or her community, state, nation, or the world.
- Service to the University Award
- The Service to the University Award recognizes an alumna or alumnus of Shenandoah University who has demonstrated ongoing dedication to the university and honors that dedication by selflessly serving the institution in an extraordinary manner.
To nominate an alumna or alumnus for an award in 2022, or to nominate yourself for an award, please complete the form below. The Alumni Awards Committee of the Alumni Association will contact the nominee to inform them of their nomination and request additional information in order for them to be considered for an award. If a nominee is not chosen to receive an award, their application will remain in the pool for an additional two years. Questions about the process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.