Transfer Admission Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU): Richard Bland College of William & Mary Honors Program And Shenandoah University College Of Arts And Sciences Honors Program
This memorandum of understanding (MOU) facilitates the transfer of Honors Program students between Richard Bland College of William & Mary and Shenandoah University beginning Fall 2020.
- Complete an Associate of Arts (AA) or a transfer-oriented Associate of Science (AS) Degree at Richard Bland College.
- Complete the Richard Bland College Honors curriculum, including ESE 101 — Honors and ESE 102 — Honors, be in the Honors Program at Richard Bland College.
- Present a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 (4.0 scale) upon application to Shenandoah University and upon graduation from Richard Bland College with RBC Honors Distinction.
- If a student has attended multiple institutions, they must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale at Richard Bland College and all previous institutions.
- All work attempted at Richard Bland College and any other institution(s) attended will be included in the GPA considered by Shenandoah University.
- Eligible transfer students must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Shenandoah University will evaluate credit granted by Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) for possible credit; such credit will be granted only if examination scores meet established Shenandoah University criteria in place at the time the student enrolls.
- Be admitted to Shenandoah University.
- Complete a separate application to the Shenandoah University Honors Program.
- Students taking Honors coursework, but not admitted to the Richard Bland College Honors Program or completing the Richard Bland College Honors requirements may apply to the Shenandoah CAS Honors Program, and they will be considered for admittance on a case-by-case basis.
- Upon successful completion of the above terms, Shenandoah University will consider all Shenandoah University General Education requirements to be fulfilled.
- The Richard Bland College Honors transfer student will have all Honors General Education course requirements waived, along with the requirement for HON 101 and HON 201.
- To complete the Honors Program requirements at Shenandoah University, the Richard Bland College Honors transfer student will be required to complete HON 301 (1 credit) in their first semester at Shenandoah University and will be required to take all required Honors coursework in their declared major at Shenandoah University.
- All other terms and conditions specific to completion in the Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program apply.
Richard Bland College transfer students who are admitted to Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program will be eligible for the following:
- graduation as Honors Scholars
- Honors distinction on students’ transcript
- participation in all Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program activities, events, organizations
Notice Of Change Or Termination
Either institution may withdraw from this MOU by notifying the other no less than one academic year before the intended date of termination. No further admissions shall be made under this MOU after such notice is given, but students already admitted to Shenandoah University will be allowed to transfer into the Shenandoah University CAS Honors Program.