Take your career from status quo to status go. Join a rich and collaborative MBA program.
Flexibility At Our Core
We know your busy life makes it hard to go back to school, so our program is designed with flexibility and convenience in mind — you can complete your MBA in 18 months or longer or at your own pace.
The Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business offers you a rich curriculum designed for busy, working adults.
- Study full-time or part-time and earn an MBA attending evenings or alternating weekends at our conveniently located campuses in Winchester or Loudoun
- Small classes guarantee you individualized attention with support from accomplished and caring faculty who deliver high-quality courses based on real-world experiences
- Classes emphasize practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace
Locally and Globally Recognized
Shenandoah University enjoys a strong reputation locally, regionally and nationally. Our MBA graduates are recognized within the business community as knowledgeable, capable, and able to excel in the workplace. With AACSB International accreditation, you’ll get a world-class education from one of a very select group of universities across the globe.
You’ll have opportunities to develop rich, collaborative relationships with premier faculty and fellow students who, like you, have diverse work and life experiences.
From Status Quo to Status Go
Take your career from status quo to status go with a Shenandoah University MBA.
Learn More About This Program
Here’s how we’re unique:
- No GMAT required
- Complete your MBA in 18 months or longer or at your own pace.
- By attending full-time you can complete the program in as little as 12 months.
- 36-48 credit hours for degree completion (depending on transcript)
- A small-classroom environment at an AACSB International-accredited university where the focus is on discussions, seminars and integrated case studies
- Emphasis on practical, hands-on applications that will make your MBA work for you in the marketplace
- Opportunities to develop rich, collaborative relationships with premier faculty and fellow students who, like you, have diverse work and life experiences
- Access to both our executive-in-residence and our senior executive counselor, who provide one-on-one advice and counsel on coursework and careers
- Additional hours offered to fulfill the CPA licensure requirement
Our program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management and business education. It represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide, and it recognizes that the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business offers high-quality business programs. Processes are in place to ensure continuous improvement in the future. Therefore students and alumni can be proud of earning a degree from an institution that has taken its place among other world-wide leaders in business education.
The accreditation of the MBA program definitely caught my attention and the flexibility of class times and places offered. I was motivated to attend when I interviewed for the MBA program, loved the University and professors, and realized I just had no other excuse not to dive in.”
Kari Nacy ’19 | Director of Defense Intelligence Programs Delivery & the Facility Security Officer for Ian, Evan & Alexander (IEA) Corporation in Ashburn, Virginia
Career and Salary Possibilities
Career and Salary Examples for Master of Business Administration Students:
- Sales Director: $122,000
- Senior Financial Analyst: $79,777
- Marketing Director: $36,614 – $122,449
- Senior Product Manager: $141,069
The Career Services Office provides a comprehensive range of services and resources to assist Shenandoah students in their career search. Services offered include resume and cover letter building, mock interviews, and professional dining etiquette workshops.
Career Services helped me be presentable on paper and in person. They assisted with everything from resume and cover letter writing, to proper interview attire, to asking thoughtful questions at the end of an interview.”
Casey Edsall | Business Administration & MBA, ’16 & ’18
We offer two class schedules:
- Evening classes meet once a week on a weeknight (Monday thru Thursday) either from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Every-other-weekend classes meet on Friday nights and Saturdays. Friday night class is from 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday morning class from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Saturday afternoon class from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Foundation Course (12 credits)
Up to 12 foundation credits may be waived for students with the appropriate undergraduate or graduate preparation.
- ACCT 501 Foundations of Accounting (3)
- BAFI 502 Foundations of Finance (1.5)
- ECN 501 Foundations of Economics (3)
- MKT 502 Foundations of Marketing (1.5)
- QM 502 Business Statistics (1.5)
- 504 Business Analytics (1.5)
MBA Core Courses (27 credits)
Core MBA curriculum includes ten required courses (27 credits).
- ACCT 511 Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- MKT 511 Marketing Management and Strategy
- ECN 512 Business Forecasting (1.5)
- ECN 514 International Economic Analysis (1.5)
- MGT 513 Organizational Structure & Behavior
- MIS 514 Management Information System
- BAFI 517 Financial Management
- SCM 530 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGT 535 HR Management and Legal and Ethical Perspectives
- MGT 611 Integrative Management
Three electives (9 credits) are required.
MBA Restricted Electives
- BUS 517 Seminar in International Business
- BUS 519 Management of Financial Institutions
- ECN 521 Topics in Global Economy
- MKT 515 International Marketing
- MGT 519 International HR Management QM
- MGT 537 International Management
MBA Open Electives
- ACCT 513 Income Tax I & II (ACCT.515)
- MIS 526 Social Media & Multimedia Apps
- ECN 571 Healthcare Economics
- MGT 527 Healthcare Management
- MGT 517 Leadership & Cultural Change
- MIS 521 Database Systems
- BAFI 513 Investment & Portfolio Management
- MGT 531 Project Management
- MGT 571 Healthcare Law and Compliance
- BUS 602 Business Internship
It was especially important to me that if I were to take a weekend program, I would not be away from my family every weekend. This was one of the top deciding factors for me.”
Scott Hirni ’15 | Oracle’s Principal Technical Sales Consultant
New Digital Marketing Course Offerings
Study digital marketing tactics including SEO, SEM, social media marketing, online advertising, email marketing, mobile marketing, and content marketing. Develop your skills in crafting advertising, keyword research, and learning tools for image and video creation.
There’s a special bond between Byrd School students and their professors. Students enjoy close professional relationships with academically and professionally experienced faculty who mentor them in and out of the classroom. This remains a hallmark of a Shenandoah University business education. Students also benefit from our executive-in-residence who works with both professors and students to broaden the student’s focus beyond the classroom.
M.B.A. Program Director and Assistant Professor of Information Systems & TechnologyFull Biography
The MBA Admission Committee will give full consideration to your entire application packet, but admission to the program is competitive. When your complete application is received, MBA Program Director will evaluate it and determines your eligibility. If you are found eligible, an interview with the MBA Admissions Committee will be scheduled.
Fast-Track To Your MBA
4 + 1 Option
Students enrolled in Shenandoah’s four-year Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program can take advantage of the new 4 + 1 option to earn an MBA with one additional year of classes.
2 + 2 + 1 Option
Transfer students with two years of college credits can take advantage of the 2 + 2 + 1 option that allows them to transition from an associate of arts degree in business degree to the BBA degree and subsequently to the MBA degree — all in five years.