Jump-start your Career in Digital Marketing! Take One or Two Courses, or the Entire Four-Course Certificate.
Prepare for a high-demand career in digital marketing, one of the most sought-after skills in today’s economy. The four course sequence culminates in Shenandoah University’s Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing to increase your earning potential to $70,000 or more.
MKT 531 Digital Marketing Strategy
- Registration for Spring Term A has closed.
MKT 533 Social Media and Digital Advertising
- Registration for Spring Term B has closed.
MKT 535 Digital Analytics
Register Now for Summer Term A [Online] May 25 – July 13*
The last day to add this class is 5/18/21.
Meet with Your Advisor to Register
MKT 537 Digital Marketing Practicum [Summer Term B] July 6-Aug. 24, 2021*
*For Summer term courses, instructors will coordinate class meetings on overlapping term dates.
- Courses are delivered in a blend of Zoom class meetings and asynchronous assignments.
- Classes meet Tuesdays from 6:30-9 pm
- These eight-week classes (3 sem hr each), are offered at the special price of $550/ credit hour. Take courses in any order, except MKT 537, which must be taken last.
- New course cycle will begin fall 2021
- Registration for MKT 535 will open on April 5, 2021
- Current SU MBA and degree-seeking students must contact their Advisor for approval to register for these courses.
- All other students may register online via Instant Enrollment
Instant Enrollment Registration Instructions
Questions or registration issues? Please email XDESU@su.edu or call 540-535-3579.
- During the last week of each course, you will receive registration information for the next course in the sequence.
Register and pay in one easy step, or apply now for the 4-course certificate.
For the 4-course certificate program through admissions
About the 4-course certificate program
Benefits of a Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Study digital marketing tactics including SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), social media marketing, online advertising, email marketing, mobile marketing, and content marketing. Develop your skills in crafting advertising, keyword research, and using tools for image and video creation.
- Benefit from program content that is aligned with recognized industry certifications including Google Ads, Google Analytics, HubSpot Inbound and American Marketing Association’s Professional Certified Marketer Certificate.
- Earn credits that can be applied as electives to our MBA program.
- Work on hands-on projects with real clients including participation in Google’s Online Marketing Challenge.
Partnering with Shenandoah University has transformed our Google Ads strategy, optimized the reach and impact of our ad campaigns, and was a wonderfully simple and well-organized program. The rare skill sets that are being developed and shared with partners like us are priceless. Anyone can create a Google Ad, but to maximize its benefit to your organization and the return on the investment is a very complex challenge. Having access to such a talented team with deep expertise in the complicated logic, secrets, and insights of Google Ads creates a powerful opportunity for any partner.”
Michael Lake | President & CEO of Leading Cities, client of students in the Social Media and Digital Advertising course.
These courses are a distance education offering through the School of Business in conjunction with the Division of Extended & Distance Education.
MKT 531 Digital Marketing Strategy
The course introduces students to strategies and tactics that underpin successful digital marketing including search optimization, social media marketing, online advertising, email marketing, mobile marketing and content marketing, as well as synergies among these related activities. Students build strategies to optimize digital marketing and practice implementing activities included in their strategy. Credits: 3
MKT 533 Social Media and Digital Ad Strategy
This course provides students with a detailed understanding of social media and digital advertising in search and on social platforms. Students will apply their developing skills to a real-world marketing project for an existing or imagined company; creating profiles, creating and curating content, crafting advertising, doing keyword research and learning tools for image and video creation that are included in posts. Credits: 3
Registration for Spring Term has closed.
MKT 535 Digital Marketing Analytics
This course will provide cutting-edge analytical skills focused on digital marketing applications. Students will learn Google Analytics, including segmentation of visitors, customer lifetime value assessments, how to optimize the return on advertising spend of digital strategies and multi-channel attribution techniques. Students will also study reporting associated with search ads, as well as social media advertising reports. This is a hands-on class where students will work with a real data set using commonly employed analysis tools. Credits: 3
MKT 537 Digital Marketing Practicum
In this course, students select a local company or non-profit wishing to improve the performance of their digital marketing programs. Students will assess the performance of the existing digital assets, if any, then develop and implement a strategy to improve performance employing material learned in earlier digital marketing classes. Credits: 3
There’s a special bond between School of Business students and their professors. Students enjoy close professional relationships with academically and professionally experienced faculty who mentor them in and out of the classroom. This remains a hallmark of a Shenandoah University business education. Students also benefit from our executive-in-residence who works with both professors and students to broaden the student’s focus beyond the classroom.