Where to get student business cards printed
- Shenandoah University Bulk Mail Center, Located in Romine Hall
- Be sure to order them at least two days before you need them
- Priced per page – 12 cards on each page (cash or check only)
- $1 for two-sided (front in color, back in black & white) or $0.75 for one-sided
- Fill out the printable order form
- Or complete the online form
- Third party websites such as Vistaprint, Moo Cards, Minted, or Tiny Prints
Reasons to have a business card
- They allow for the quick and easy exchange of contact information
- They demonstrate that you are professional and prepared
- They are portable and will not die on you like your cell phone might
- They allow you to seize any and every opportunity to network
- They are more personal than sharing information via text or email
Some tips for making the most of your business cards
- Taking a specific number of business cards to a career fair can help you set a personal goal for the number of employers with whom you intend to connect. You can also set a goal for the number of business cards you collect at the event.
- Don’t be afraid to hand your card to the person first (as appropriate for the situation) or to ask if they would be willing to give you one of their cards.
- Write a note on the back of their card to remind yourself of where you met the person and/or key points from your conversation.
- Keep several cards in your wallet, money clip, laptop bag, and even your pockets, so the next time you encounter a networking opportunity, you are prepared.
- Designate a place where you keep the cards you receive. Some business card holders are two sided which allows you to store your cards on one side and put the cards you receive on the other side. For more permanent storage, you can purchase a standard rolodex or a photo album type of card holder.
- When carrying business cards on your person, be sure that you hand out your own card instead of one that you have received from someone!
- Follow up with the person within 24 hours. Having the person’s card makes it easy to accurately spell their name and address. They may not respond to you until the next business day, but you have made it clear that you are interested in retaining the connection.
- Look up the individual and the company on LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social media outlets; and don’t be surprised if they look you up too.