Your feedback helps us to maintain and improve the quality of your courses. Completing the online evaluation will only take a minimal amount of your time (approximately 5-10 minutes). Please follow these steps to complete your course evaluation(s):
1. You will receive an email with a link to course evaluation for your classes when they are ready for you to complete. Usually this is the week prior to the end of the course or the week prior to final exams. Click on the link below or cut-and-paste it into your web browser:
2. After accessing the webpage, log-in with your SUnet login and password. Note that this is the login and password you use for Blackboard and WebAdvisor. (Your Google login and password may be different.) If you have trouble with your SUnet login and password, contact the SU Help Desk at 540-665-5555 or click the Tech Support tab in Blackboard to chat.
3. The course(s) you should evaluate will be shown. Although the evaluation system tracks whether you have completed the evaluation, your specific responses are anonymous and cannot be associated with you, unless you choose to identify yourself in your comments. You cannot change the evaluation once it has been submitted.
When possible, classes with fewer than 3 students will have results combined with other sections for the same faculty member to protect your anonymity.
You will receive email reminders until you have completed your evaluation(s). It is not possible to re-open evaluations once the evaluation period has ended.
The evaluations are hosted by IOTA Solutions on behalf of SHENANDOAH UNIVERSITY. You can contact IOTA if you have any questions about the evaluations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Faculty and Administrators
- For course evaluations to work properly, course end dates must be entered correctly into Datatel.
- Instructors to be evaluated and their email addressed must be correctly listed in Datatel and spelled consistently (i.e. Steve is different than Steven)
- Students will get the link in email prior to the evaluation period.
- Faculty will get a different link to login to get their results after grades are submitted.
Process: Students should receive an email with the link below or you can direct them there yourself. https://sueval.com
If it is practical to do in your course, we strongly encourage faculty to provide students with class time to complete the evaluation as this results in the best response rates.
Instructions on the website will prompt students to log-in with their SUnet login and password. (Note that this is the login and password students use to login to Blackboard and WebAdvisor, This is not the same as their Google password which may be different.)
This verification is to ensure the integrity of the evaluation system, while assuring students that their login and password are not saved and their responses are anonymous.
Students will receive one or two reminder email messages from IOTA until they have completed all course evaluations. However, we rely heavily on instructors to inform students of the evaluation and to encourage participation.
Please help us provide a smooth and successful evaluation process by:
1. Reminding students that completing the online evaluation will only take a minimal amount of their time (approximately 5-10 minutes).
2. Providing your students with the evaluation URL: https://sueval.com
3. Encouraging your students to participate and complete the evaluations in a timely manner. The evaluation website cannot be re-opened after the evaluation period ends.
4. Directing students to email us at email@example.com should they experience any problems during the process.
Please note that per university policy, classes with fewer than 3 students not be evaluated. If requested in advance, we can have results combined with other sections for the same faculty member to protect student anonymity (e.g. Conservatory Applied Lessons).
Optional: if you have course specific questions to ask, you can have students address these in the comment section of the evaluations (8000 character limit).
You will receive an email a few days after the evaluation opens that will show your response rates up until that point. Your course evaluation results will be available online for your review once grades have been submitted. IOTA will send you the link to the results (https://su.iota.cc/ NOT the same as the Student link shown above), and a confidential and unique password to access your evaluation reports.
When you login to get your results, note that you can click on the course title to “drill down” to see individual surveys. There is also a box where you can annotate particular surveys that are anomalous. (For example, you if you have a disgruntled student who has made unfair remarks, you might want to add a comment to document the fact.)
To download an evaluation, click the link for the report. Click the show/hide buttons so that all the comments appear. Then choose the “Send Page to Printer” button on the left side of the IOTA screen. There will be an option to save it to a .pdf instead of the Printer. You can then save or print the pdf as you wish.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org.