How to submit information for SUN-e
Members of the campus community are encouraged to submit news, announcements and faculty, staff and student recognitions to SUN-e via Google Form. Send text for SUN-e at least 24 hours in advance of the next day’s SUN-e (or 5 p.m. Friday for Monday SUN-e.)
Information should be submitted electronically, be written in full and declarative sentences and answer basic questions such as who, what, where, when, why and – in some cases – how (or how much, if there are fees involved). Include contact information as well.
Submitting incomplete information will likely delay or prevent its publication. It is the responsibility of the person submitting information to make sure it is complete and accurate.
The Office of Marketing & Communications reserves the right to publish information in what it considers the most effective time frame.
News, announcements and accomplishments will be published only once in the headelines section of SUN-e, although event information may appear more than once in the “Events” section.
Please note that in efforts to keep communication streamlined and effective, information previously sent via mass campus email will not be accepted for inclusion in SUN-e.
Acceptable information for publication in SUN-e:
- University news (policies, accomplishments, updates on projects, etc.)
- Departmental notices (with Web links if needed)
- Student, faculty and staff honors and recognition
- Upcoming events on campus
- Time-sensitive messages from the president or vice presidents
- Allen Dining Hall menus
- Late-breaking news (such as the president of the United States is visiting campus in 15 minutes)
- Messages from the Department of Public Safety regarding road closings, weather alerts or police alerts