Shenandoah University is a member of the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP), a global network of 300 universities. This partnership allows students to study for a full semester or year at other member campuses abroad. By working closely with their academic advisors and the study abroad advisor, students can take advantage of the opportunities to take general education and major classes taught in English abroad and to receive credit at their home institution.
Guidelines for beginning your application
- Meet with the SU study abroad advisor who will help you plan your research
- Research the ISEP online catalog to find courses available within specific fields and taught in English. Download the ISEP program guide organized by fields of study
- Begin your SU study abroad application for ISEP
- Complete ISEP’s application process. You may apply to up to 10 ISEP partner universities through one application. ISEP will take your choices into consideration, but you will be offered a placement based on space availability and good fit.
- Receive ISEP placement.
- Receive confirmation from the university abroad.
- Accept your ISEP placement.
Study Abroad Tuition & Affordability
In order to give all students access to study abroad, SU has a home tuition model for all SU partner programs. Students studying abroad for SU credit are billed the SU comprehensive fee (tuition, room and board, technology fee, IM Learning fee, Student Services fee). SU ensures that tuition, room and board expenses are not charged to the student by the study abroad program.