Shenandoah University faculty, staff and students are invited to present an original creative work — poem, song, drawing, painting, or craft — and submit a video recording of their creative work that conveys an interpretation of the 2021 MLK theme: From Echoes to Equity.
Rules and Regulations
- -Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students of Shenandoah University
- -Time Limitation: Roughly two minutes per video recording
Presentation of Creative Work
- Participants will record a recitation of the poem, singing, drawing, painting, or craftwork
- Participant will introduce themselves by stating in complete sentences:
- “Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is…”
- Name: first and last
- Classification: Student, Faculty, or Staff
- City and State
Submission Deadline – Monday, January 11, 2021
To submit, upload a video recording of the creative work to YouTube and email the link, contact information (name, phone number, school, and email address), and a creative work description to Jana Mangubat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The poem:
- Is based on the 2021 MLK theme (From Echoes to Equity)
- The creative work:
- uses powerful language and strong imagery
- provokes an emotional response in the reader/audience
- encourages the reader/audience to thought or action
- must conform to Shenandoah University policies regarding appropriate language and content
Understanding of Publication: All materials are the property of Shenandoah University. By submitting a video, you confirm that you understand that your video may be used by SU in whole or in part, royalty free, in any printed or electronic media and in promotional materials, including fundraising and online publications.
Contact Dahlia Ashford at email@example.com for more information.
Creative Arts Showcase Videos can be viewed on MLK Day — January 18, 2021!