- Student registration for Double Reed Day is $20.
- Students who register by November 4 will receive an SU Double Reed Day keepsake shirt.
- After completing the online registration form, registrants will receive an email from email@example.com containing instructions for online payment.
- Attending parents and teachers should still register, but do not pay a registration fee unless they would also like an SU Double Reed Day keepsake shirt.
- Special guests
- Special sessions for oboists and bassoonists
- Recital featuring Shenandoah Conservatory students, faculty and special guests
Sue Heineman, bassoon
Sue Heineman has been principal bassoonist of the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) since September 2000.
Katherine Needleman, oboe
Katherine Needleman joined the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra as principal oboist in 2003, the same year she won first prize at the International Double Reed Society’s Gillet-Fox Competition.
- Hodge Products
- Miller Marketing
- Bocal Majority
- Kristen Bertrand Woodwind Workshop
Sample Schedule of Events
|8:30 a.m.||Registration Opens|
|9 a.m.||Welcome & Faculty Recital|
|10:00 a.m.||Oboe Guest Artist Q&A|
|10:30 a.m.||Oboe Master Class / Bassoon Special Topics / Vendor Time|
|12 p.m.||Lunch (meal passes provided)|
|1:00 p.m.||Oboe & Bassoon Ensemble Rehearsals|
|2:00 p.m.||Bassoon Guest Artist Q&A|
|2:30 p.m.||Bassoon Master Class / Oboe Special Topics / Vendor Time|
|4:14 p.m.||Large Ensemble Rehearsal|
|5:00 p.m.||Final Concert & Raffle|
|5:30 p.m.||Vendor Time|
Schedule subject to change.