Byrd Distinguished Lecture Series
The Byrd Distinguished Lecture Series was established in 1983 to provide a forum for the presentation, consideration and discussion of critical issues on the local, regional, national and international scene. This series provides students in the Harry F. Byrd, Jr. School of Business the opportunity to hear and question some of the most interesting business, social, educational and governmental leaders of the day.
The Institute for Entrepreneurship in the Byrd School sponsors the Distinguished Speaker Series. Successful entrepreneurs are brought to campus to share their experiences, lessons learned, and expertise with students, faculty, and the business community. Innovative business leaders provide enriching conversations for the student body during both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year.
These lectures bring some of the most informed and influential business, social, educational and governmental leaders of the day to campus, including entrepreneurs, CEOs of major corporations, bank presidents and academic thought leaders.
- John A. Allison IV, retired CEO and chairman, BB&T
- William Brandt, Jr., co-founder, American Woodmark Corporation
- S. Truett Cathy, founder and chairman, Chick-fil-A
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, president, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Tim League, co-founder, Alamo Draft House
- James D. Sinegal, co-founder and CEO, Costco
- Jeffrey E. Payne, co-founder and CEO, Cigita
- Dr. Markus Rodlauer, Deputy Director of the International Monetary Fund
BB&T Lecture Series
The BB&T Lecture Series was created by the former Dean of the Business School, Dr. Randy Boxx. The lectures are typically presented by members of our local community; however, we have welcomed regionally and nationally known speakers. The lectures range in topics, however they are all related to intriguing business issues that are instrumental in developing a successful business perspective. Check back soon for information regarding our next BB&T Lecture.
Information on previous lectures: