Get ready for Welcome Week 2021! #SUWelcomeHome
New residential students move in on Wednesday, Aug 25
Fall semester classes begin Monday, Aug. 30, 2021
Returning residential students move in on Saturday, Aug. 28.
Follow Shenandoah University Student Life on Facebook for Welcome Week events, photos, special offers and more!
Welcome Week 2021 begins on Move-In Day, Aug. 25, when new residential students check in to their residence halls! You will be greeted by a team of Shenandoah staff. Be sure to place a sign on your car’s dashboard with the name of your residence hall. Before packing your car, you should label all belongings – boxes, suitcases, etc. – with your name, residence hall and room number. After you move your student in, you are invited to attend Navigator (Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 8 a.m. to noon) and Convocation (Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m). Families and friends are welcome to have dinner with their students on or off-campus before students are due back for their mandatory hall meeting at 7 pm. See “answers” to Navigator Checklist.
We will also have athletic special sessions of Navigator as follows:
- Football – Wednesday, August 11 from 11 am to 2 pm
- Soccer/Field Hockey – Tuesday, August 17 from 3 pm to 5 pm
- Volleyball – Friday, August 20 from 10 am – 11 am
Here are some videos of what you can look forward to.
Please finish all you can on-line but feel free to visit Hornet Central M-F 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to finish any tasks that still need to be done. The Bookstore will be open limited hours through the summer and regular hours beginning August 25th.
Please email email@example.com if you need help.
Fall semester classes begin Monday, Aug. 30, 2021!
Before classes begin on Monday, Aug. 30, you will be busy with academic sessions, a few mandatory meetings, and a few fun gatherings. If you have any questions, contact the Division of Student Affairs at (540) 665-4863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Welcome Week Checklist
- Met your academic advisor?
- Bought your textbooks and other school supplies?
- Picked up you SU I.D. card (if you don’t already have it)?
- Bought your parking permit?
- Submitted all health forms to the Wilkins Wellness Center?
- Received your laptop and iPad?
- Organized yourself and your schedule?
- Met someone new?
- Decorated your room?
- Located your classrooms before classes begin?
- Reviewed your schedule with your coach?
- Finished necessary paperwork with Hornet Central and Financial Aid Office?
- Met your work study supervisor?
- Opened your campus mail box and given your new address to family and friends back home?
- Gone to as many Welcome Week events as possible?