Get ready for Welcome Week 2020! #SUWelcomeHome
New residential students move in on Tuesday, Aug. 18 or Wednesday, Aug 19
Fall semester classes begin Monday, Aug. 24, 2020
Returning residential students move in on Friday, Aug 21 and Saturday, Aug. 22.
Welcome Week is designed to help you become acclimated with campus life, settle in and meet new people. It’s also a time to kick back and have fun. Use the link below to view the Welcome Week schedule.
Follow Shenandoah University Student Life on Facebook for Welcome Week events, photos, special offers and more!
Welcome Week 2020 begins on Move-In Day, Aug. 18 or 19, when new residential students check in to their residence halls! You and your 2 guests will be greeted by a team of Shenandoah staff. Be sure to place a sign on your car’s dashboard with the name of your residence hall. Before packing your car, you should label all belongings – boxes, suitcases, etc. – with your name, residence hall and room number.
All residential students will be given a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
Please finish all you can on-line but feel free to visit Hornet Central M-F 9am-5pm to finish any tasks that still need to be done. The Bookstore will be open starting Aug 18.
Please email email@example.com if you need help.
Fall semester classes begin Monday, Aug. 24, 2020!
Before classes begin on Monday, Aug. 24, you will be busy with academic sessions, a few mandatory meetings, and a few fun virtual gatherings. If you have any questions, contact the Division of Student Affairs at (540) 665-4863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Welcome Week Checklist
- Met your academic advisor?
- Bought your textbooks and other school supplies?
- Picked up you SU I.D. card (if you don’t already have it)?
- Bought your parking permit?
- Submitted all health forms to the Wilkins Wellness Center?
- Picked up you laptop and iPad?
- Organized yourself and your schedule?
- Met someone new?
- Decorated your room?
- Located your classrooms before classes begin?
- Reviewed your schedule with your coach?
- Finished necessary paperwork with Hornet Central and Financial Aid Office?
- Met your work study supervisor?
- Opened your campus mail box and given your new address to family and friends back home?
- Gone to as many Welcome Week events as possible?