Career & Professional Development Provides Job and Internship Search Tools To Assist Shenandoah Students In Their Career Search.
Career & Professional Development provides space for prospective employers on our private campus, and enabling employers to post jobs does not imply an endorsement of the missions or activities of any visiting or posting organization. As an academic institution, we strongly encourage students to research information and options in order to make informed employment choices.
In order to make yourself more marketable in the job and internship search process, work on developing transferable job skills.
Following are the resources recommended through Career & Professional Development with their appropriate login information.
Join us on Handshake! Current students can login using their SUnet credentials.
Watch this 3-minute video tutorial on searching, saving, and applying for jobs through Handshake.
For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students from all majors can execute professional assignments to build and demonstrate skills while exploring a variety of career paths. When you are launching your career, micro-internships provide a tremendous opportunity. Not only can you explore different career paths and work on interesting assignments, but you can also demonstrate your abilities to potential employers while building your professional portfolio and network. Beyond that, your academic experience will improve as you apply what is taught in the classroom to the real world (and vice versa). And, you get paid for all of this! Create an account and start exploring!
Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies. It includes employee generated content – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves.
Career & Professional Development does not own or maintain the sites listed below. We provide this information as a service to SU students. Please consider privacy protection of sites before you register or post your resume on-line.
As you explore and progress experiential learning opportunities, you may find the Curriculum Map helpful.
- TeamWork Online – Suitable for entry level, mid level, or senior level positions in sports
- Americans for the Arts – Best used for entry-level and experienced positions in the arts
- ART JOBS – Suitable for internships, part-time, full-time, and temporary positions in the arts
- APAP | 365 – Suitable for internships, entry-level, and experienced positions in the arts
- Dance/USA – Best used for positions in dance or dance administration
- Musical America Worldwide – Suitable for any position in the arts
ARTSEARCH® is your essential source for a career in the arts. Whether you’re looking for full-time or part-time, seasonal or year round, paid or volunteer, ARTSEARCH® makes your job search easy. Raise the bar of your job search with the same high-quality jobs — guaranteed to be timely and accurate — that ARTSEARCH® has delivered for over 30 years.
Please complete this form to request ARTSEARCH login information.
* All “I Hire” websites offer a 6-month free trial for students (must use su.edu email).
- Liquid Compass – A complete list of nursing jobs all in one place
- On Board Virginia – Healthcare jobs in Virginia
- PT Jobs – Suitable for all experience level physical therapy positions
- Registered Nursing
- Rx Career Center – Suitable for all experience level pharmacy positions
Our Health Inc. is a volunteer service resource center. If you are looking to expand your resume and explore careers in the Winchester area, Our Health is here to help.
Please contact Mary Falu at email@example.com to get started!