Position: Distinguished Professor & Director of the Division of Physician Assistant Studies
Location: Health Professions Building 1775 N. Sector Ct. Suite 200, Winchester, VA 22601
Employed Since: 2000
1977: Associate of Applied Science in Physician Assistant, Cuyahoga Community College
1983: Bachelor of Science, Technical Education, University of Akron
1986: Master of Education, Post-Secondary Administration, Cleveland State University
2001: Doctor of Philosophy (candidacy), Higher Education Leadership,University of Toledo
Fields of Expertise:
Physician Assistant Education, Family Medicine, Educational Consulting in the area of PA Program accreditation and outcomes assessment.
- Licensed Physician Assistant, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Certification for Physician Assistant, National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member, Editorial Board, The Journal of Physician Assistant Education
- Expertise: National Education and Assessment Consultant for PA Education
- Outstanding Service Award, Association of Physician Assistant Programs, 1999
- Master Teacher Award, Association of Physician Assistant Programs, 2001
- Humanitarian of the Year, Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants, 2013
- Selected Publications:
- Duhl-Glicken, A. & Miller, AA. Physician assistants: From pipeline to practice. Academic Medicine, 88(12), 2013, 1883-89.
- Cawley JF, Jones EP, Miller AA, Orcutt VL. Expansion of physician assistant education. The Journal of Physician Assistant Education, 27(4), 2016, 170-175.
- Miller AA & Coplan B. Physician Assistant Doctorate: A Ticket to Autonomy? The Journal of Physician Assistant Education, 28(S), 2017, S33-S37.
“There is no try, just do or not do”
Avid gardener, cook, and photographer.
Division of Physician Assistant Studies
Shenandoah University PA Program