Position: Director of Music Production & Recording Technology; Associate Professor, Music Production & Recording Technology
Location: Ruebush Hall, Room 136
Phone: (540) 665-5567
Employed Since: 1986
Bass, Jazz, Electric
Conservatory Professional Highlights:
- Performances with guest artists at Shenandoah University include Randy Brecker, Bob Berg, Carl Burnett, Rebecca Parris, Chris Vadala and Zoro
- Tours with Shenandoah Conservatory Jazz Ensemble include China and Japan, as well as numerous jazz clubs in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Performances include Blue Note, New York City; Philippine International Jazz Festival, Manilla; Kennedy Center, Washington D.C.; Blues Alley, Washington, D.C.; Kawaguchi, Tokyo Japan; Beijing, China; and Uppland International Jazz Festival, Osthammar, Sweden.
- 25 years professional recording experience and live sound reinforcement including owner, manager, and chief engineer of Goldreel Studios, Winchester, Virginia. Recording Engineer at Sound Loft Studio, Brookline, Massachusetts.
- Audio Engineering Society (AES) member. Member of The Recording Academy. Member of the former International Association of Jazz Educators. Avid Pro Tools Certified, completed Avid Media Composer and Sibelius courses.
- Teaching experience includes National Jazz Workshop, Winchester, Virginia; CCM Vocal Pedagogy Institute -audio courses, Shenandoah Conservatory; Shepherd College, Shepherdstown, West Virginia; Contemporary Music Center, Chantilly, Virginia; Sound Labs, Falls Church, Virginia; PAVAN (Performing and Visual Arts Northwest), Winchester, Virginia.
B.M., Berklee College of Music; M.M.E., Shenandoah University
Fields of Expertise:
- Avid Pro Tools certified
- Avid ICON Courses
- Media Composer Courses
- Sibelius Course
I love teaching at Shenandoah because of the students and the people I work with. It is a place where things happen, creativity, learning, experiencing, and the love of music!
I love being creative in any setting—music, recording studio, classroom, art, sports, community service—it brings joy to my heart. We are soul!