Position: Assistant Dean of Administration; Executive Director of Shenandoah Conservatory Arts Academy; Adjunct Associate Professor, Performing Arts Leadership & Management; Adjunct Associate Professor, Education & Leadership
Location: John Kerr and Shenandoah Conservatory
Employed Since: 2006
Conservatory Professional Highlights:
- Chair of the Virginia Advisory Committee for the Education of the Gifted
- National Guild: Community Arts Education Leadership Institute
- Consultant for the Virginia Department of Education: Governor’s Schools and Gifted Education
- Global Citizenship Project Participant
- Fellow: National Arts Strategies, Chief Executive Program
B.A., University of Mary Washington; M.S., D.Prof., Shenandoah University
Fields of Expertise:
My research focuses on how people come together to do work in varied environments. I am interested in how trust facilitates work and the intricacies of leadership in stressful dynamic environments.
- National Dance Association: Annual Choreography Award
- Rotarian Fellowship: Thailand
- Maryland Teaching Arts Excellence Award
- Guest of the French Museum Foundation, Giverny France for painting and language study: Awarded by the Lila Wallace Foundation
The creative teams at Shenandoah Conservatory and Shenandoah Conservatory Arts Academy encourage the development of artists of all ages and the expansion of the community to allow new opportunities for those artists. I am constantly engaged in the process and am delighted to be a part of this synthesis.
I am passionate about creating and being a part of communities. I enjoy work in education and arts advocacy, organizational development, leadership consulting, and community service in addition to my work at Shenandoah University. I live in downtown Winchester with my husband Andy Flint.