Position: Adjunct Instructor
OTD, Shenandoah University; M.S., Occupational Therapy, Shenandoah University; B.S., Juniata College
Fields of Expertise:
I am an occupational therapist with Valley Health in Winchester, Virginia and work in the outpatient pediatric setting. I’ve enjoyed teaching and mentoring OT students both in the classroom and clinic. My other passions include improving inclusion and engagement in camp and community experiences for my clients.
- Co-Presenter, “Creating a Playful Event for Children with Special Needs,” U.S. Play Coalition Conference (April 2018)
- Co-Presenter, “Building Leisure Participation in the Community: Summer Camp Experiences,” VOTA Conference (October 2016).
- Co-Presenter, “Video Modeling as an Intervention Tool in Teaching Activities of Daily Living to Children With Autism,” AOTA Conference (April 2015).
- Co-Presenter, “Video Modeling as an Intervention Tool in Teaching Activities of Daily Living to Children With Autism,” VOTA Conference (October 2014).
- Speaker, “Autism Awareness and Safety,” AOTA’s Pediatric Virtual Chat (May 2014)
- Poster presentation, “The Effect of Video Modeling for Participation in Activities of Daily Living for Children with Autism,” VOTA Conference (October 2013)
- Poster presentation, “An Occupation-Based Mental Health Pilot Program for High School Honors Students,” AOTA Conference (April 2013)
- Member of AOTA (Present)
The Arc of Northern Shenandoah Valley’s Healthcare Professional of the Year 2023
Shenandoah University’s 2020 Distinguished Alumni Award for Service to the Community
During my free time I love exploring, hiking, and gardening with my wonderful husband, son, and dog.