Students are required to meet the following conditions before participating in the clinical education program:
- Successful completion of all prior coursework and be in good academic standing
- Demonstration of appropriate professional behaviors
- Documentation of appropriate vaccinations or titers proving immunity (View Shenandoah University’s School of Health Professions Requirements)
- Completion of a criminal background check prior to the start of the program
- Documentation of current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for the healthcare provider from the American Heart Association (AHA). This must be maintained throughout the program
- Documentation of health insurance that meets university requirements
** There may be be additional requirements for specific healthcare facilities such as updated PPD test and/or drug screens prior to the start of the clinical experience.