Creative Expression Sphere
The study of creative expression includes literature, music, dance, theater, the visual arts and other artistic mediums. Courses in this sphere help students understand the human capacity for expression as a search for meaning and purpose. Through these creative and interpretive studies, students will comprehend worlds and histories, as well as their own capacities to create and express themselves.
Creative Expression Sphere | 3-6 Credits
Students who complete the Creative Expression Sphere shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Communicate using the terminology of an arts medium.
- Express historical and cultural contexts of the arts.
- Interpret a single medium of art which will function as an introduction to the arts as a whole.
Courses for Creative Expression
- ART 200 Art Appreciation
- ARVR 210 Narrative Design & Storytelling**
- ENG 209 Writing About Literature
- ENG 230 World Literature
- ENG 263 British Literature I
- ENG 264 British Literature II
- ENG 283 American Literature I
- ENG 284 American Literature II
- ENG 287 African American Literature
- MUTC 115 Intro to Music Theory
- MULT 210 Survey of Early Music
- MULT 270 Intro to Indigenous Music Cultures**
- MULT 271 Women in Music
- MULT 272 Intro to Performance Studies
- MULT 273 History of Rock Music
- MULT 274 Introduction to Music & Sound in Film**
- MULT 275 Western Art Music Appreciation
- MULT 277 Jazz History
- TH 114 Introduction to Theatrical Production
- TH 115 Intro to Theatrical Design
- TH 245 Text and Context
* This course is a disciplinary course substitution
** This is a pilot course for Fall 2020