Information about social distancing and the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is flying at all of us at top speed. It’s an intense time, to say the least. Research on the novel coronavirus is ongoing, in ... Continue Reading Some Social Distancing & Mask…
Shenandoah COVID-19 Quick Links
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is ShenFlex?
- Daily Symptom Checker | Shenandoah Go App
- Daily Symptom Checker For Students, Employees And Visitors
- Self-Report A COVID-19 Exposure Or COVID-19 Test Result
- Modified Work Arrangement Request For Employees
- Modified Learning (Fully Online) Request For Students
- Shenandoah's Social Distancing And Mask Information
- Community Forum Zoom Recordings for Students and Parents
- Plan to Reopen Shenandoah University for Fall 2020
- Special Considerations for Shenandoah Conservatory's Reopening
- Archive of SU Communications About COVID-19
- SU Pledge to Keep Shenandoah Safe
- Campus Signage Related to COVID-19
- Information for Shenandoah Employees: Reporting COVID-19 Cases on Campus
- By-The-Numbers Look At SU’s Safety & Health Measures
- Community Forum Zoom Recordings For Employees (must be logged in with su.edu email for employees to access)
For those in the Winchester area: Do you have a respiratory illness or symptoms, or think you have been exposed to COVID-19? Call Valley Health's hotline at 540-536-0380.
Plans for Fall 2020
The upcoming academic year is a year of extreme flexibility.
- Staggered move-in process for first-year students starts on Tuesday, Aug. 18 and continues throughout the week
- The first and second year live-on-campus requirement is lifted for the academic year 2020-21
- Fall semester classes begin in-person on Monday, Aug. 24
- To limit travel to and from our region, Labor Day and fall break will not be observed
- Thanksgiving break will be a full week long, Nov. 23 through Friday, Nov. 27; in-person classes will resume after the break
- Classes will follow the ShenFlex model, so instructors and students can participate in face-to-face and/or online as needed. Students may request to be fully online for the fall semester
- Maximum capacities for each classroom have been lowered and spaces have been reconfigured to ensure compliance with CDC guidelines on social distancing
- Athletic competition is suspended through January 1, 2021
Show Your Support During The COVID-19 Situation
Many have reached out to ask how they can support Shenandoah during these difficult times. Give now to help meet the special needs of Shenandoah students as well as the unexpected financial needs of faculty and staff in the face of this COVID-19 situation.
Members of the Shenandoah family who need emergency financial assistance
If the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on you or your family's financial situation, Shenandoah would like to help. Please fill out the Emergency Financial Assistance Application.
Learn more about CARES Act Student Emergency Funds at Shenandoah University.
Read Our Recent COVID-19 Campus Communications
We know that spending extra time inside, at home, and in front of your computer engaged in classes is going to make the coming days different than you likely anticipated not so long ago. But ... Continue Reading Socially Distant But Physically Fit!…
Dear Students, Parents, Faculty, and Staff, I’ve seen dozens of announcements over the past two days, by other schools and businesses, that start with “Out of an abundance of caution....” But at ... Continue Reading Residence Halls to Largely Close,…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-665-5555 Resolving Zoom Issues Zoom locks-up or fails to load: Restart Zoom application OR restart computer On Mac, right-click the Zoom icon on the Dock and ... Continue Reading Troubleshooting for Online Classes All…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6c_s4CS8G0 COVID-19 FAQs for Conservatory students How will my Conservatory classes, lessons, and recitals continue as Shenandoah moves online from March ... Continue Reading Message to Conservatory Students on…
Since our announcement yesterday to go online for two weeks starting Monday, March 16, we have received many of thoughts, concerns, questions and suggestions. Know that we are working our hardest to ... Continue Reading Preparing for Online Learning Shenandoah's…
We are regularly adding to and updating these COVID-19 FAQs. If you have questions that are not answered here, please reach out to email@example.com. ... Continue Reading FAQs on COVID-19 & Shenandoah’s…
All student recitals from Wednesday, March 11 until Sunday, March 29, 2020 are cancelled. We are working to identify alternative dates. The following performances and events have been cancelled to ... Continue Reading Shenandoah Conservatory Performance FAQs &…