Omicron Delta Kappa (O∆K), the National Leadership Honor Society, recognizes juniors, seniors, graduate students, and alumni who excel in academics and leadership
Since O∆K was established in 1914, their mission has been to identify, honor, and develop leaders in collegiate and community life and to encourage collaboration among students, faculty, staff, and alumni to advance leadership. They aim to be a multi-generational society that excels in recognizing and connecting collaborative and inclusive leaders.
Students selected to be a member of Omicron Delta Kappa must emulate the O∆K leadership values of collaboration, inclusivity, integrity, scholarship, and service. They must also be in the top 35% of their class and demonstrate leadership in at least one of the five pillars of campus life: academics and research; athletics; service to campus and community; communications; and creative and performing arts.
In order to become a member, eligible students need to be nominated by a faculty member, staff member, or current O∆K member. Nominated students must then complete the membership nominee form and be selected for induction. Students who are selected to join O∆K are notified by being “tapped” into the organization by a current member.
On January 30, 2022 the Shenandoah University Omicron Delta Kappa (O∆K) Circle inducted 24 students and 1 alumnus. Three-time graduate, Dr. Michelle Luttrell, was inducted as an honoris causa member. Congratulations to all of the new members of O∆K!
The virtual program for the 2022 O∆K Induction Ceremony is available here.
- The Shenandoah University circle pays over half of your one-time, lifetime dues of $88.00
- A pin and certificate indicating your lifetime membership into the circle
- The opportunity to receive regular publications and resource materials to support your leadership development
- The opportunity to get other students to become leaders through leadership programs
- Scholarship opportunities available for only O∆K members
- Job related networking opportunities with over 250,000 current O∆K members and hundreds of thousands of alumni and honorary members worldwide.
To learn more about Omicron Delta Kappa, please visit odk.org.