The Office of Student Engagement furthers the educational and inspirational mission of Shenandoah University by providing learning opportunities through student involvement and promoting purposeful and inclusive co-curricular environments with shared experiences and expectations.
This is accomplished by:
- Creating an environment that supports innovative ideas that stimulate personal growth and contribute to the campus community,
- Fostering a supportive and inclusive campus environment that compliments the academic experience and connects and engages all students,
- Challenging and supporting students in making meaningful and responsible contributions that develop their character to be global citizens,
- Creating leadership opportunities that require critical thinking and decision making to inspire change, and
- Cultivating a collaborative campus environment that allows for the exchange of diverse knowledge, experiences and activities.
Empowerment: Student Engagement fosters and encourages the growth and self- esteem of others through its programs, training and support.
Inclusion: Student Engagement is committed to creating an environment that welcomes multiple viewpoints and promotes a culture of civility.
Responsibility: Student Engagement seeks to develop community members who exemplify strong values, are accountable to themselves and others and who reflect on how their actions and behaviors impact others.
Growth: Student Engagement is focused on helping students develop well- balanced lives that are physically healthy and active, intellectually stimulating, emotionally satisfying, spiritually enriching and supportive of the development of marketable skills.
Collaboration: Student Engagement values cooperation and partnership with others in order to serve Shenandoah and its surrounding community.
Our TeamDoug Stump
Director, Office of Student Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org Matt Levy Associate Director for Recreational Sports and Fitness
email@example.com Katie Hecker
Shenandoah Outdoor Adventure & Recreation Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org Myles Hairston Assistant Director of Student Engagement Brandt Student Center Manager
mhairsto10@@su.edu Kaitlin Bell
Student Life Communications Coordinator