Tuition must be paid in full at the beginning of each new term, unless the student/parent has applied and been approved to participate in the Shenandoah University Payment Plan.
- Students/Parents who are receiving an outside scholarship, are in the verification process, and/or awaiting loan approval, must pay the full amount of the balance due by the published tuition due date.
- Hornet Central will invoice third party payers, such as scholarships, prepaid college accounts, employers, military, etc., upon receipt of an original, signed authorization form from the organization. If Hornet Central does not receive written authorization, an invoice will not be processed.
- Students may view their current and prior term account details via WebAdvisor.
- Parent/Person Proxies may view their student’s current and prior term account details via the Parent/Person Proxy page.
- Hornet Central will send email notifications to all students and Parent/Person Proxies when the online account statement is available for the upcoming term.
- You must pre-register for each upcoming term.
- Students who have an outstanding balance at the end of a term will be prohibited from registering for a future term until the debt with the University is satisfied.
- It is the policy of the University that all transcripts, diplomas and other pertinent information are held until all financial obligations to the University have been satisfied.
- In the event your account becomes delinquent, you will be responsible for any and all collection expenses and/or attorney’s fees according to laws enforced by the state of Virginia.
Electronic refund checks are available to students who receive financial aid in excess of the amount necessary to cover tuition, fees, and room and board charges. Learn more about Refund Information.
Students withdrawing from the university during the published add/drop period will be fully refunded tuition, fees and housing charges. Learn more about Withdrawal & Refund Information.