Dear Alumni Friends,
I want to extend warm appreciation to all veterans especially our alumni veterans and their families who support them. On Friday, Nov. 11, the university will celebrate the Hub for Innovators, Veterans and Entrepreneurs (HIVE) with a groundbreaking. The Armory Building on campus is going to be transformed into the HIVE. Stay tuned to Shenandoah’s webpage for progress on this exciting project.
I also want to congratulate our new Black Alumni Network president Addison Carr ’10. AC and I have met to talk about how we can grow our engagement and collaboration to further the alumni experience. More to come on this!
During Homecoming weekend, we celebrated the 2022 Distinguished Alumni Awards recipients. Each has an amazing story that we will feature throughout the year:
- Hornet Hero Award: Maura Sherlach Schwartz ’06 (Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre)
- Hornet Hero Award – COVID-19: Ashley Dunbar Carson ’18 (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
- Young Career Achievement: Desirèe Dabney ’14 (Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting)
- Service to the Community Award : Tavan Mair ’04 (Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology)
- Professional Achievement: Mary-Colleen Hightower Ensogna ’09 (Bachelor of Science in History)
- Lifetime Achievement: Thomas Wilkins ’78 (Bachelor of Music in Music Education)
To nominate an alum for a 2023 award, please click here. The Awards Committee of the Alumni Association will contact the nominees to notify them of their nomination and request additional information. The deadline for nominations is Friday, Dec. 2.
President, SU Alumni Association