Shenandoah University offers a host of programs that prepare students for what U.S. News & World Report calls the top 100 jobs in the country.
With more than 200 areas of study, Shenandoah makes it easy for students to enter exciting fields with a great deal of future potential. Shenandoah has at least one program (and usually many more than that) related to the top jobs in each of its schools: College of Arts & Sciences, including the Division of Applied Technology and Division of Education and Leadership; School of Business; Eleanor Wade Custer School of Nursing; School of Health Professions; Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy; and Shenandoah Conservatory. We’ve made it easy to see which Shenandoah programs provide a solid foundation for many of the careers on the list, based on some of the information shared by U.S. News. (Note: all salary figures are from the U.S. News & World Report list.)
- Information Security Analyst/$103,590 Median Salary
Suggested programs include bachelor’s degrees in computer and information technology, math, or information systems. Shenandoah also offers a dedicated cybersecurity bachelor’s degree, as well as a Master of Science in Applied Cybersecurity and a Master of Business Administration in Cybersecurity Management.
- Nurse Practitioner/$111,680 Median Salary
- Physician Assistant/$115,390 Median Salary
- Medical and Health Services Manager/$104,280 Median Salary
- Software Developer/$110,140 Median Salary
An undergraduate degree in computer science is common. Veli Services offers software development internships. For more information, please contact Gia Janashvili, the founder of Veli.
- Data Scientist/$98,230 Median Salary
- Financial Manager/$134,180 Median Salary
Suggested undergraduate degrees include bachelor’s degrees in finance, accounting, economics or business administration. A master’s degree is also suggested, including a master’s in business administration.
- Registered Nurse/$75,330 Median Salary
- IT Manager/$151,150 Median Salary
- Market Research Analyst/$65,810 Median Salary
Appropriate for a variety of bachelor’s degrees, but people pursuing the field must be adept with statistics and data analysis.
- Operations Research Analyst/$86,200 Median Salary
- Management Analyst/$87,660 Median Salary
The preferred degree for many employers is a master’s degree in business administration.
- Logistician/$76,270 Median Salary
- Marketing Manager/$142,170 Median Salary
- Business Operations Manager/$103,650 Median Salary
- Computer Systems Analyst/$93,730 Median Salary
A bachelor’s degree in computer science is recommended.
- Physical Therapist/$91,010 Median Salary
Doctor of Physical Therapy is the most common degree.
- Occupational Therapist/$86,280 Median Salary
- Web Developer/$77,200 Median Salary
Experience is essential, as is education. Shenandoah offers a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Public Relations Specialist/$62,810 Median Salary
- Database Administrator/$98,860 Median Salary
Shenandoah offers a bachelor’s degree in computer science, which is appropriate for this position. Some employers also seek applicants with a master’s degree in business administration with certain related specialities.
- Epidemiologist/Medical Scientist/$74,560 Median Salary
The typical degree held by someone in this role is a master’s in public health.
- Accountant/$73,560 Median Salary
The Shenandoah University School of Business offers a BBA with an accounting concentration that prepares students to take the Certified Public Accountant exam.
- High School Teacher/$62,870 Median Salary
A variety of Bachelor of Education degrees can be earned at Shenandoah.
- Computer Network Architect/$116,780 Median Salary
A bachelor’s degree in computer science is available through Shenandoah’s Division of Applied Technology.
- Computer Systems Administrator/$84,810 Median Salary
- Sales Manager/$132,290 Median Salary
- Financial Analyst/$83,660 Median Salary
A bachelor’s degree, usually in a finance-related field, is needed. Also, a master’s degree is often desired, including a master’s in business administration
- Pharmacist/$128,710 Median Salary
Doctor of Pharmacy degree is required.
- Actor/$43,760 Median Salary
Shenandoah Conservatory offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting.
- Loan Officer/$63,960 Median Salary
- Human Resources Specialist/$62,700 Median Salary
- Elementary School Teacher/$60,940 Median Salary
Shenandoah offers Bachelor of Education degrees with a number of endorsements.
- Nurse Midwife/$111,130 Median Salary