Move Out Reminders
24-7 quiet hours begin Friday, May 12 at midnight. The 24-hour quiet policy will be strictly enforced and could result in judicial action or immediate removal from the residence hall.
The last meal served in Allen Dining Hall is lunch on Friday, May 19.
All residence halls will close for the semester at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19. Any student found in the residence halls after 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19 who has not been approved may be fined, in addition to other disciplinary action.
If you need to request to stay past 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19 for any reason (including graduation, sports teams, or staying for summer housing), you need to fill out the Request to Stay Form. The form can be found on your Housing Portal, which can be found under “Break, Shuttle & Roster Forms.” The deadline for filling out the request to stay late form is Monday, May 15.
- If you are approved to stay and depending on your residence hall, it is possible that you will only be approved to a certain date and time, and not for the full time you originally request.
- It is also possible that you will need to completely move out of your current room and stay in a temporary space after May 19 until your approved move out date. This would be due to the many moving pieces of summer housing, summer programs, and maintenance.
Upon moveout, complete the following:
- Begin defrosting your refrigerator 3 days prior to your move-out date.
- Clean your room and bathroom thoroughly – dust, vacuum, and remove all trash to the dumpster nearest your residence hall. Brooms, dust pans, and trash bags will be available when RAs are on duty in your building.
- Return all university furniture assigned to your room to its original setup
- Remove all stickers, sticky tape, posters, nails, tape, graffiti, etc. from all surfaces.
- Remove all your belongings from the room
- Put screens back in the windows, close all windows, and turn air conditioner off.
***Failure to do any of the above will result in a fine for each separate infraction. You are responsible for any damages found in the room and will be fined accordingly.
Express Check Out
- Check-out forms (with a key envelope attached) will be located in a common area in your residence hall. Ask your RA where to find them.
- Complete the checkout form, put your room key in the attached key envelope, and put both the form and the key in the lockbox. The lockbox is located in a common area of the residence hall.
- If you are taking responsibility for damage in the room, mark this on the checkout form. Otherwise, you and your roommate will be fined for damage in the room.
- Lock the door. There is a $100 charge for keys that are not returned upon checkout.
- Once the check-out form is received, staff will enter the room to verify that the student has moved out.
Regular Check Out
- Make an appointment with your RA to check out of the room
- Meet with your RA, give them your room key, and have them inspect your room in your presence.
***If you fail to attend your agreed-upon appointment time to check out, staff will still enter the room at the date and time agreed upon to verify the student has moved out. There is a $100 for keys that are not returned upon checkout.
Fill out a mail forwarding address card at the campus mailroom. Failure to fill out the mail-forwarding card will result in your mail being returned to sender.
Solenberger residents – Empty your mailbox and return your mailbox key, room key, and exterior door key to Residence Life.