Summer 2023 Housing Application Dates
- May 19: Spring Term ends
- May 29: Move in for Summer Term 1 students who are not currently in campus housing for the Spring 2023 Term
- May 22 – June 2: Move over for Summer Term 1 students currently in campus housing for the Spring 2023 Term *(Residents will be notified of their exact date in May. You will stay in your Spring 2023 room assignment until your summer housing move over date)*
- May 30: Summer Term 1 begins
- June 30: Move in for students taking only Summer Term 2
- July 1: Summer Term 2 begins
- July 2: Move out for students only staying for Summer Term 1
- Around August 5: Move over for Summer Term 2 residents with a Fall 2023 room assignment
- August 19: Summer Term 2 ends
- August 20: Move out for Summer Term 2 students without a Fall 2023 room assignment
- August 21: Fall term begins for GraduatePharmacy/Health Professions students only
- August 28: Fall term begins for all other programs
- Due to renovation plans at Vaden Campus Commons, summer housing will be available at Romine Living Center and possibly East Campus Commons during the summer 2023 term.
- The pool at Vaden Campus Commons will still be open.
- Residence Life reserves the right to change your room assignment at any time prior to move-in based on the needs of Physical Plant, Residence Life, and room readiness. Regardless, your room will be single occupancy, either at Romine or ECC.
2023-2024 Returning Student Housing Applications
- March 6-10: Double room selection for residents who received a lottery assignment
- After March 10: Assignments will be given as available and needed
- Applicants may not be able to place themselves in a room after March 10. If that is the case, Residence Life will assign applicants a room based on what is available
- June 1: Deadline for canceling 2023-2024 room assignment
*All single room selections are first-come, first-serve, with priority given to Graduate and Upperclass students. Limited single rooms are available. Medical singles are always available for those who qualify. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about applying for a medical single
*Priority for Solenberger Hall is given to current graduate students. If you are a senior applying for graduate programs at Shenandoah you will not be eligible until you are accepted into your graduate program. Once you have been accepted, you will need to email Residence Life your letter and we will provide you access to the graduate housing application at that time.
2023-2024 New Student Housing Applications
- March 15 – June 3: New student applications and roommate browsing and roommate selection opens
- March (Date TDB): New student housing portal Q&A session
- Apri (Date TDB): New student housing portal sessions
- May (Date TDB): New student housing portal sessions
- June (Date TDB): New student housing portal sessions
- June 1: Room selection opens for first-year students
- June 30: Room selection deadline
- After June 30: Assignments will be made by Residence Life as needed through the beginning of school year